Total Pageviews

Monday 20 April 2009

mansfield trekking

Have taken the red Skoda (youngest boy's) back to Mansfield dealership as something has come loose in engine and is affecting gear changing capability. It was a long trip after work today, and collecting later in week when recovered from shock of busy roads and multiple roundabouts. Also when repair completed under warranty. Troubled guest and family left today. Bit of a damp squib in the end. He has complained every day, including the alleged loss of £300 in post, (an absolute fib I am sure), and we expected the unit to be left like a bombsite. However, life is full of surprises, and, apart from a vacuum cleaner with a broken 3 pin plug, and the handle snapped off a washer/spinner, and a bit of dirt, it wasn't too bad! It cleaned up nicely, new plug fitted in 2 minutes, and spinner sent to spinner heaven (wherever that is). All in all, considering he seemed really unstable, a good result. Weather glorious (making journey after work to Nottinghamshire particularly sticky and unpleasant) and day off tomorrow. Friend bringing her very smart dressage horse over for a potter round the countryside with scruffy friend...that's Skipper, of course. Internet problems solved tonight with help of very nice Indian man courtesy of ISP helpline. I was last in queue for patience when it comes to computer helplines, and my computer knowledge is even less than my car engine knowledge, but we brushed through particularly well after he promised to stay on the phone until I was happy that everything was working normally! Marvellous. I thanked him about 100 times, and he still deserved more. I'd like to explain the problem but I simply have no idea what it was....Hey-ho. A mountain of ironing, and a ton of washing, a shopping list as long as my arm and a grubby kitchen floor await, though if the weather stays like this it can all wait a bit longer.

3 comments:

Nick B. said...

Is Mansfield the nearest Skoda garage to you? I'm guessing you mean all those roundabouts at Newark, that's one of the bits I hated about trips to the coast in the past. Last couple of trips I've stuck to the A52. Maybe I'll eventually get bored with that one after I've found all the ways to avoid the preferred routes through Grantham...

Cathryn said...

Lincoln nearest dealership, but couldn't beat Notts prices...hacking back along Lincoln/Newark route Thurs to get vehicle back again. Some bits of journey quicturesque and enjoyable, so not all bad. In fact, some villages would like to live in!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of a Skoda car! Had to look it up. Are they expensive, cheap or mid-priced?