Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 July 2012

Life, lions and lovely families!

I called into Louth recently, and, to my surprise, found a small pride of huge lions in a glass case in the Market Place. And they were exquisite. Well done Shauna Richardson artist and creator.
Crocheted by an Artist, all three were awe-inspiring.
We went to stay with friends near Henley. Our youngest was competing there. Our hosts offered us this wonderfully refreshing, and somewhat unusually coloured home made Pimms. We courageously sampled this colourful beverage, and declared it drinkable. You read that right. It was fine. If blue.

Our hosts' dog resting in preparation for more resting. Rosie, the mose peaceful canine I have ever met.
At Henley now. I left my hat, my lipstick, my hairbrush and my vanity 2km away in the car. Yet still had the courage to sit beside the quite lovely Ollie who is University of Leicester Men's coach, as well as being an almost graduated Med Student. Some people are gluttons for punishment! He has worked so hard with the rowers I am proud to have met him. Dedication personified.
Our own Henley rower, post-race, and the lovely Daisy.  Tired and unbowed by a closely fought race which Leicester lost by a nose. We are expecting him home for the summer tomorrow. And with any luck, plus a following wind, we may host Daisy for the summer too. I look forward with excitement to some 'girlie stuff'. At last.

And finally. The Farmer and I attended a 'Cowboys and Indians' party. In the rain. Outdoors. Only true friendship kept us there in the dark and drizzle! And some riotous party games, excellent food and a huge, roaring garden fire. Some compensations!

It seems to have been non-stop during the past two weeks. Up and down the country to Regattas, Big Boy roaring round the nation going to a ball, delivering calf pens to Gloucestershire and living it up in Devon. Now hoping for a little peace and organisation going forward. We are off to Norfolk on Tuesday leaving boys in charge (eek), and away again at the weekend to celebrate a joint 50th & 18th with friends. Big Boy away on Sunday to Farley Farms for a few weeks Estate experience, and youngest inducting at Butlins in couple of weeks for his summer employment. You know what? This doesn't look much more peaceful to me. Pass me some Red Bull!

Adieu, adieu, until the next time. X

No comments: