Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 June 2013

Another arrived!

I have received a third anonymous image for my new art project. HOORAY!

60th birthday celebration on Friday evening, a 40's birthday party last night and an 18th birthday bash tonight for the farmer and me. We shall be completely jaded by Monday morning! Staggering under the weight of gifts and cards, holding our heads with the burden of alcoholic intake, and loosening our belts as a result of all the birthday cake! Its not pretty.

The baby boy has moved incalculable quantities of wood in the past few days. Sawing, chopping, splitting, boxing, bagging and cutting sticks. He has turned a mountain into, quite literally, a molehill. I believe there are now approximately 20 or more boxes of logs and an entire box of firewood. We are expecting to be warm this winter......!

He bought himself an axe from B&Q at the beginning of this odyssey, (7 days ago). It has a plastic/man-made handle. It has worked hard. However, I noticed yesterday that the axe-head is loose, and parting in a discreet but determined manner, from its shaft. In the knowledge that a flying axe-head is a very dangerous thing, I have taken the implement off the boy (not without some complaints) and intend to take it back to B&Q shortly. I am wondering what they will make of a tool which was only bought a few days ago, and bears all the signs of rigorous wear and tear? It will be an interesting exercise in customer service for B&Q and yours truly.

Better climb out of my pyjamas then, and be off about my business, have old peeps turning up for feeding time at mid-day and I don't want them finding me unprepared. Hungry old people can be very difficult to handle!

Wish me luck with the battered axe situation!
X

No comments: