Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Skegness' Own Big Fat Gypsy Gathering


The seafront car park last weekend. The farmer wouldn't let me get any closer. The tax-dodging, litter strewing, 'brand new transit' driving hordes occupied the entire car park in Skegness, and also in Ingoldmells. I hope they have taken themselves off by now. Have not been to look, its soooo disheartening. My mother in law wondered if they would be paying for their parking!!! Hohoho.

Spent 20 hard earned pounds on this last week:
When I first put it on, it fitted the yellow horse. After three days the rope had given/stretched so that it now hangs down his nose, and gapes at the back in a dangerous and irritating way for the yella fella. I CANNOT find my purchase details (careless) and so have given the now giant headcollar to a friend who keeps shire horses. The moral of this story is: don't be impressed by good looks and pretty colours, leather takes some beating! The yellow horse also has two scrapes behind his chin, a big graze on his shin, and a slow-healing nick on a hind heel. I blame all these bloomin' flies, making him kick, bite and rub to drive them off his skin. So, he is now liberally dotted with purple spray, fly spray, wound cream and blue bandage. Looks like a clown.
 

 
 
Went with a friend to look at this pretty boy yesterday. His name is Ronaldo, and he is full of Irish charm, he was born and bred in Connemara. If the farmer would not have murdered me I would have bought him for myself, (move over yellow horse, this ghostly grey is just as gorgeous). Thankfully I managed to keep quiet and leave my wallet in my pocket. Not so sure about the friend, who was seduced by a large and kind pair of eyes and a laid back attitude. So, boys, take note. Grey hair is very distinguished and a kiss of the blarney stone never did anyone much harm.....

Think we might be going for a second look at the lovely Ron later in the week. Otherwise, no dates in my diary and so anticipating a quiet and peaceful week of cleaning and polishing..... (unlikely).

The farm-yard is full to bursting of Anglian Water equipment. Tractors, containers, some sort of pipe-lining machine, 24hour guards and other sundries. Apparently they are re-lining a local water main. The cost of all this stuff must be absolutely immense. Assuming this is why our water supply is so expensive. The gate alarm is ringing 50 times a day and it feels like Clapham Junction outside. When harvesting begins I probably won't be able to hear myself think! Looking forward to the peace and quiet of college in a couple of weeks!

Adios for now amigos. X

No comments: