Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 June 2008

salubrious east coast holiday accommodation


In case you are interested, here's my own 'salt mine' - well, that's how it feels today. One guest had an attack of 'the runs' in the night, and was here with the evidence first thing this morning (laundry, replacement etc) and another wondered if I wanted to fix their door lock at 9pm last night, as it was 'a bit stiff'. I think not. Easy to tell its coming up to the busy time of year. All brains switched off, and tempers short (well mine is anyway). Pinning on another grin as I type, its not long until October.
Took oldest son to look around Leeds Uni on Friday, overcome with emotion that I have worked so hard to rear him for the last 18 years, and now, I am pushing him off to college and supposed to be happy about it. Always knew having kids meant they would leave home, never thought it would be so painful. He's not going until 2009 so determined to make most of his company in meantime - which will be difficult as he has now passed his driving test - another terrible blow for mother, but big step towards independence for son. And I'm supposed to smile through all this? It's a toughie.

4 comments:

Nick B. said...

Wow, I've lost track of how many times I stopped in this kind of accommodation along the costa-del-Skeg. I've not been there for at least ten years but it seems my daughter has inherited the trait from me (or more likely her mother!).
More recently I've tended to venture further afield but I still prefer the east cost (of northern Scotland). This year I'm going abroad, fortunately somewhere English speaking.

Cathryn said...

The kids love it. Thanks fr comment, you can see I'm just a 'learner'. Hope I didn't offend with my tekkie remark, I want to include a counter but it has proved to difficult for my miniscule computing skills, so I am envious, not scornful. Skegness enduring gale force winds today, its horrible, its a 'don't come here day'. Glad to have closed up and come home.

Nick B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick B. said...

No, I'm not easily offended. As for Skeg and gale force wind that should brace the jolly fisherman a bit more =:o

I've only got a mere 50 posts to my name. I can't remember where the eats shoots & leaves thingy was, oh yeah it's on my profile. If you're still confused you can reach me by email at n.ickb333@gmail.com