Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 January 2009

friends, and James May

Friends, next to family, best things in the world. Wouldn't life be bleak without friends? During horrible January I have been heartened by the kindness of friends. I love them all... On a lighter note I have finally got around to researching the marital status or otherwise of James May, that bloke off Top Gear. Turns out he has had the same girlfriend since 2000 (Sarah Frater London Evening Standard columnist) but he keeps it a bit quiet as its not quite appropriate with his blokeish single image. I'm full of useless information. Youngest played hockey again today, (2 games yesterday) drawing 3 all! Rugby team seems to have collapsed due to lack of 16 year old youths turning up on Sunday mornings at 10am. Can't think why they might have difficulty getting up for freezing cold physical stuff. My boy disappointed, but replaced with hockey so still getting his exercise. Big boy going to 18th parties every weekend at the moment, he drove last night so no alcohol. Hooray. Went to Durham yesterday (that was a long way) to take some opals for setting, quite excited about results. Will photograph them if as nice as promised.

4 comments:

Nick B. said...

I recently saw James May in the Big Wine Adventure with Oz Clarke - a marked contrast to him playing the straight man to Clarkson in Top Gear. Obviously a man with many talents.

Are bookings up this season? Travel pundits are telling us that more people will be holidaying in the UK this year due to the current economic climate.

Cathryn said...

HELLO International Traveller! Yes, I think bookings are coming in earlier/quicker than previous seasons, we notice that all the family sized accommodation is already reserved for the childrens' school holiday July/August. There will be a lot of disappointed punters when July arrives. Get a tourer or a tent is my advice. Shall be taking my own tourer up to Derbyshire just as soon as weather permits...this is the tourer my Dad bought at Brigg market in October for £200, just beating the gypsies to it by a whisker. I think its lovely. (I have had it reupholstered and re-curtained but it is still 20plus years old. I love it.

Anonymous said...

ooo, does someone have a crush on James May??

Cathryn said...

Well, if he had been single he's kind of odd enough (?) not quite right, but maybe old fashioned enough, to make me a bit weak at the knees. I wish he'd have a proper haircut though. But I like his style, and humour, and baggy trousers, and slow driving - yup, its a crush!