Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 March 2009

gorgeous girls!

Just been to a fashion show by a local dress shop, in aid of Macmillan Nurses (who support cancer patients) and two of the models were my brother's eldest and youngest daughters. They looked so lovely, particularly in the ballgowns, and were accompanied up and down the catwalk by tuxedoed young men (who didn't know what had hit them!). It was an absolutely lovely evening and brought a lump to my throat. Those beautiful young women were, only yesterday, babies in arms. My sister, my sister in law and I sat and watched open mouthed as they strutted their stuff up and down the red carpet. Just gorgeous. I only wish I had taken my camera with me. It over-ran and the music failed for the second half but none of these details mattered, we were carried away by the charm of the evening. I might even go and buy a dress...if only I had an event to make the outlay worthwhile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could slap you for not bringing your camera!!

I wish I had someplace to go in a lovely dress, or had a reason to buy a lovely dress.