Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 July 2009

biting, digging & chasing chickens


Two small puppies can shift a lot of lawn when they set their minds to it...no point in worrying, a few shovels of soil will sort it all out in a month or two. Hugh and the baby boy went to Woburn last weekend to help Mr B celebrate his 44th birthday at GoApe, on the zip wires and platforms. Big boy and I were labouring at the salt face, of course. The two fun-seekers had a very exciting, and hair-raising time, after which the baby boy was at pains to show me the above photo. Apparently it looks so like me he had to check it wasn't his mother on the jolly to the Safari Park. Words fail me. I do hope he was joking! They were both tired and road weary when they returned to Lincolnshire, but proud of their high wire abilities.
Skipper the wonder horse not getting out as much as he would like, and he has noticed the addition of the two small bundles of fur, which are taking up lots of time, and also being exercised in HIS area. Given the chance I am pretty sure he will stamp on them, so trying to keep them out of his way until they are bigger, and can run faster. The Skipper did get out today (my day off) and ambled around the block like a pro, only proving to be afraid of one fallen 'for sale' board which was crouching in the long grass menacingly. Pleasingly blind to huge lorry unloading a tipper truck which we had to squeeze past in the road, and local Library lorry, which roared past us on a narrow country lane. He's an odd-bod!
Most puppy puddles now being produced outside which is marvellous, but very sharp teeth being put to good use on any exposed flesh of likely victims. So easy to forget what terrors small dogs are before they learn some civilised manners.
Doing sponsored midnight walk on Saturday night in aid of local Hospice, all donations gratefully received, and attending 70th birthday celebration prior. A busy night. Following weekend invited to a 'shed-warming' fish and chip supper. My friend has a new garden summer house installed which calls for plentiful supplies of fizz, fish & chips and ice cream into the night to celebrate. Any excuse and proud of it. Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: puppyhood-I've found that one remembers only the major horrors after the pups have matured and turn into (hopefully) good canine citizens. But some things remain in the memory-for me, it was the time Spot pulled down my sweatpants in the back yard while I was trying to get him to understand that the grass was NOT his exclusive province. I can only be grateful that my underwear stayed up.

I hope you have a stash of potentially mortifying baby photos of baby boy to show his girlfriends.

So Skipper is spooked by menacing For Sale signs? Spot is spooked by balloons (understandable) and the neighbors' Christmas decorations, although he really, really wants to pee on the reindeer.