Total Pageviews

Monday 31 August 2009

in the summer of 09







Final camping/fire party for youngest boy, high excitement as they return to last school year as upper 6th students on Thursday this week. Not too much drinking, or smoking, appears to have taken place, but loud singing, hugging, and possibly other close personal contact over which we old people can draw a veil. Not my responsibility.....! All alive and well (even could be described as cheery) on Sunday morning, and cooking up beefburgers for breakfast. Somewhere between 25 and 30 17 & 18 year olds off the streets for one evening anyway, deafening the neighbours with top 20 chart hits in the dark.


I would like all readers to know that we purchased our first Christmas 2009 gift yesterday during a trip to Lincoln. Be afraid, so organised its scary....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a mini-Woodstock!

Gah! begone, Satan! It's not September till tomorrow, and you're already buying Christmas presents!

kinkajou said...

That looks like fun! Ah, to be young again...

Christmas presents? Already? Sigh.
(((banging head on wall as one who waits until Christmas Eve to shop)))

Leigh Russell said...

A lovely lady bought three copies of my book at a recent book signing, two as Christmas presents! In August! If I ever buy presents in advance, I can never remember where I've put them when I need them. I do admire organised people.
I haven't seen you over on my blog for a while so thought I'd pay you a visit and see how you are. I'm glad everyone's busy and - er - healthy -
Amazon have stock of Cut Short again after running out for the second time (!) so please order a copy if you're still interested, and do let me know what you think of it. (You can find the link on my blog if you're interested.)