Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 June 2011

owlie update

I phoned my neighbour to ask if I could have a bag of frozen mice or frozen chicks to feed owlie. He keeps plenty in stock for his many and varied raptors, snakes and monitors. He called over with a bulging sack of the necessaries and took a look at Owlie. Lifted him out of the box. Checked his breastbone, wings, legs and feet for breaks. Felt his crop and realised owlie was very empty. I concluded that these were very experienced hands. And that indeed, they might be better hands than mine to look after owlie. Therefore the offer was made..... and after some diplomatic exchanges my neighbour has kindly carried Owlie away to rehabilitate in his vivarium where it is warm, be fed a more appropriate diet by a non scaredy-cat carer, and hopefully achieve release condition in double quick time. The relief is considerable and I do think that owlie has the best shot at normal life in the Snake-keeper's care. Good luck Owlie. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep us updated! I think that's so nice of you to care for it when you did. I doubt I'd be able to ignore a baby owl in the road, either.