Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 June 2011

queen of cakes

Hardly a Master Baker, however I was surprised to find myself baking this afternoon, and here are the results, which I am rather proud of! I never make cakes. I am rubbish at it. Really, really rubbish. Savoury dishes? I'm your cook. Fancy puddings? I'll probably produce the goods. Cakes? Try someone else! Therefore - in something of a dah-dah moment - I can hardly wait for my family to come home for tea. The ones that are here, that is. The Big Boy has sent a message from Foreign Climes today. He is fine. Travelling. Probably meeting a friend at the weekend. That's it folks! Absolutely overwhelmed with all the information? Me neither. However, some news is better than none at all, so I'm trying to be grateful.

Pups growing bigger and stronger. Fighting, barking, complaining. Just like kids. Can't wait for them to start leaving for their new homes now! Soon. Very soon. Their mother has had a complete run of bad luck. She had a grass seed stuck in her eyeball, which took the Vets two days to remove. Very painful. Then a grass seed stuck between her front toes has made a huge septic lump, and now a bunch of grass seeds pushed in like arrow heads in her hind paw (which I have pulled out now) has made her limp and hop. Wondering if she would be better off living with a family in a desert location!

Baby boy working lots and lots of hours at Butlitz and enjoying his first experience of the Mysteries of the Retail World. I am so proud of his work ethic. Long may it continue in his life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor doggy. Must be some mean grass seeds there-I've never heard of this problem.

Yummy cakes-were they eaten quickly?