Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 July 2011

some progress

Some progress on the slabbed area near the back door which now cannot be scratched up by dog or chicken.... and some progress on my shed (aka studio) which is still a very long way from finished. Sigh. Only one puppy left in this house. A girl. She is going to live with a psychologist and a secondary school drama teacher at the end of the month. Until then she is left with her mother and her auntie.... and me. So, in a bid to find someone to play with her, Baby son brought her two giant soft toys from his place of work. He labours away every day in a gift shop on Butlins Holiday Resort. What a good lad. Earning money so that he has something to spend on beer when he goes back to Uni in the Autumn. Speaking of which, tonight I was frisked for a giant pile of buttons to pay for a student house for July, August and September. Which stands empty. No-one will live in it until october. Nice work if you can get it. Think I paid too much but obviously the cry was 'can we pay this money, its due in on Monday and nearly too late.....'. Feel a bit robbed. Just missing the mask and blunderbuss (oh, and the horse). Stand and deliver. A day shopping with a girlfriend tomorrow, but sadly spent all my buttons on rent...... gods damn it.

Big boy still away in New Zealand and taking a pride in not phoning or emailing any news. Independence. Do I miss him? You bet I do. Even though he has been in sunny Scotland all through the past year he feels very 'far away'. Counting down until his return. I am trying to let go, I really am!

Didn't win the giant lottery money. It would have been a miracle anyway. I didn't have a ticket! There are very special days when I realise that I have everything I need. Today was one of them. Its okay. Tomorrow I will be grumpy again! The farmer has treated himself to a dvd called "Mongrels". Mr B introduced him to the contents. Absolutely shocking! I can't watch any more. Too, too awful. Non-PC. Offensive to just about everyone. The Farmer is absolutely LOVIN' it. Thanks MrB. Hoping to go and see Harry Potter next week, on the Baby Boy's day off. Can hardly wait. That's the big highlight for the next seven days. So far. Oh, and giving blood, and a Ladies Dinner. Things are improving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Big Boy coming back soon? and good for baby boy, so kind to bring toys for the youngest members of the family. Money or not, I think you're rich!

Cathryn said...

I am indeed rich in heart Janet! Big boy not home until mid August. 'sigh'.

BlackLOG said...

Thank you, said "Through gritted teeth" for Mrs B's solar butterfly lights.

There is one upside – when we have a dull day and our solar panels don’t generate diddlysquat (My word of the week) the butterfly lights don’t shine at night…almost worth all the lost profits…