Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Sunshine and lollipops!

My little sun trap area is about finished, and if I can persuade the chickens to stop pooping all over the slabs it will be absolutely gorgeous! Today it was 85 degrees out there. I am as brown as a nut. Someone asked me the other day if I had been for a spraytan!!!! As if. It is absolutely lovely to have somewhere to sit in the sun for a cup of tea, and I only wish I had developed the area years ago. When my GIANT chimenea arrives next week I shall be able to drink my fizz out there in the evening too. Can hardly wait. Don't call in to see me unless you are fully prepared to sit outside for your refreshment, rain or shine.

The egg-shed is making extremely slow progress. The joiner is busy making some sliding sash windows for another customer, and also has an urgent order for a pair of hand-made hardwood terrace doors. Obviously these also take precedence over my little shed. However, a bit more brickwork was completed today, and its almost at the 'new floor' stage. I'm trying to be calm about it as there is still so much more to do, and my pile of buttons is diminishing!

Big boy to be collected from Heathrow on Monday and I can hardly wait. I am having a splint made for my dislocated finger next week too. Also going to see a neurologist about my interminable migraines on the 11th, so have much to think about. A lovely girl-friend is forcing me to spend a long and sumptuous day at Simpsons Luxury Spa, Branston Hall later in the month and I have reluctantly (ha) agreed to the indulgence. Can hardly wait! The weeks have slipped by until its almost time for me to start at college. Feeling pretty nervous about that now, and guess the anxiety will only get worse. Afraid I may turn out to be a complete dud artistically, and academically. That will be a leveller! Keep you posted. X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to have horrible migraines when I got my period, the kind where I was out of action for a couple of days and would wish I was dead. Hope the neurologist helps.

I like your new patio! Bet it will be fun in the winter to sit around the chiminea. Glad the boy is finally coming home, hope he remembers to bring a present for you!