Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Evil beneath my feet

Its still here, causing havoc beneath the sitting out area:

and the Egg Shed creeps SSSSLLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLYYYYY onwards in tiny steps. Brickwork complete. Windows awaited.

and finally, a quick interpretation of Rosie, my friend's dog. There's much that is not quite right about the picture, but oddly, it does capture her spirit, which is completely laid back. A few days sellotaped to my kitchen wall, then the bin, I think.


There was an owl in the Farmer's shed yesterday, I tried very hard to photograph it, as it obligingly flew to and fro across the roof trusses. Sadly my rubbishy little camera can't 'click' quickly enough, and all I have are smudgy bright eyes and a smeared blob. Hoping to buy a better camera in the Autumn when I start college. All the peas have gone from the meadows, and I can no longer walk to the meadow gate, eat my own bodyweight in the sweet, round veggies, and stagger home with chronic wind! Waiting for the wheat harvest to begin now. Farmer tense and watching the barometer. Fingers crossed for a few fine days. Apples, plums and pears galore, and bullaces (bullies) by the ton. Anyone thinking of sloe vodka or sloe gin making should come and try the bullaces instead. As usual most will fall to the orchard floor and feed the wasps. It does seem a waste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps putting an upturned bucket over the soil and a few bricks on top might discourage the whatever-it-is from continuing to try to excavate the slabs?

Glad you're getting relief from the migraines. And I thought it was just me who was invisible!

A not-bad drawing of the floppy-eared dog. Looking forward to the next attempt!

Cathryn said...

luckily a friend liked the drawing and is now giving it a home. Have polluted the mole run with cayenne, chilli, diesel fuel oil and alcohol. Either it will put him off, or he will be back for more. Still waiting for new migraine drugs. Hopefully shortly.

Anonymous said...

Update? Mole? Migraine drugs?