Total Pageviews

Friday 12 August 2011

a few minor hitches

I am absolutely full of cold. Miserably snuffly, sneezy, coughing and full of 'stuff'. Ugh. Its been a week now. Would quite like to cheer up and get over it. Perhaps tomorrow? I remain hopeful despite bug. Also, beneath my new outdoor sitting area there lurks an enemy! A small and furry creature keeps pushing up a hill BETWEEN THE SLABS! The blighter. I keep removing the evidence, and he keeps squeezing up another hillock whilst my back is turned. I have taken away so much soil I do believe the slabs will all collapse in a heap shortly. I have reported this mole-ish behaviour to the Farmer, who seems powerless to stop the excavations. No room to get a trap into the run. I'm thinking about a strategy. Thinking. Thinking!

Fetched big boy from the airport. Now home, and almost unpacked. Wild hair cut and tidy, stinky traveller clothing washed and folded, stories told and photos admired. Soooooo glad to have him back. Of course I am letting go. Very, very slowly. The Farmer has a stack of tasks for the Big boy to do in the next few weeks to make up for his long, long travelling holiday.

I have now been 'on the wagon' for a week, and its not too bad! In fact, the Neurologist I saw yesterday said it was a worthless exercise as far as migraine concerned. He advised return to glass of wine soonest. However, it has to be said that I am actually enjoying the experience, so will keep my wagon seat warm for now. Perhaps, if my scan is clear, I shall revisit the demon drink. Perhaps. Or perhaps not. Have been prescribed new drugs for rather troublesome headaches, to collect next week, and looking forward to having something in the medicine cabinet to defeat the discomfort. Ha.

Earlier in the week I went to a different hospital to have a splint made for my dislocated finger, and was forgotten in the waiting room for an hour. Just like wearing a cloak of invisibility. Occupational Therapist mortified! Quite funny. Well, I laughed later. I had checked in with two Receptionists. And sat right in front of one all the time. Truly invisible. If only I could market it.

It has been a busy week with the two hospital visits, the Heathrow run (which included a night near Windsor with some dear friends) and a Charity Trustees meeting. Luckily will be relaxing next week in a luxury Spa. Just for the day. Can hardly wait.

Only photo I have is my Windsor friend's sleepy dog. Her name is Rosie. Little does she know that she is also an artist's model. Shhhh, its a secret! Next week's project will be to get her lovely, floppy face onto canvas. If its any good i'll blog it. If its rubbish i'll bin it.

So, from the surprisingly comfortable depths of my NON-DRINKERS chair, I bid you tata for now.

No comments: