Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 October 2011

home news

Time seems to be at a premium now that I am at college. Who would have thought that being a student would demand so many hours and committment! Certainly not me. Brief family update includes news that both boys happy and settled. Been to see the Baby boy today with food and funds. He gets up to row the canoe thingy three days every week at 5am. 5. a. m. And he's a student! Not much ease and idleness for him either. No news of Big Boy. Assuming that's good!

Farmer has his fields sorted out for winter. Not entirely sure what that entails. There has been much talk of 'pressing', 'seeding', 'rolling' and 'fertilising'. Thinking he might be working in some sort of fertility clinic? Who knows?

Horse has donned his winter garb owing to downturn in environmental temperature. He doesn't seem to mind. Its the spotty coat for now. Two girls being remarkably well-behaved at the moment, though neither looking like they are coming into season. No more puppies for now! The incey-wincey, teeny-weeny baby koi that the Big Boy 'popped' into my fishtank prior to his departure are growing into man-eating sharks before our eyes. Looking for a safe home for 5 pale (silver?) koi asap. The Farmer is acting chicken-keeper at the present time. Regretfully this seems to mean that NO EGGS are being laid. Not a single one. This weekend I shall have to buy eggs. We are feeding more than 30 chooks and no egg production..... only one end in view, and its not pretty......

Have taken thousands of photographs in the past three weeks, all for my Art course, and all similarly boring. Therefore, this is and will remain a pictureless posting. A multitude of apologies.

Just remembered, on a happier note, my shed renovation is finally starting to take shape. Long way to go, but the joiner (village coffin maker and bearer) has been working every day this week, and really 'crackin' on'. Makes me nervous when he looks at me with a tape-measure in his hand though! I rarely see him and his dad (who is the brick man) as I leave prior to their arrival, and return from college long after they have left. Its like the fairies have been to work in the shed! I think I am going to call it the 'EGG SHED GALLERY'. Private viewings and commissions by appointment. Hahahahaha! One day.

Have a busy weekend in view, and also a flat-out Monday. Followed by an impressively full timetable at college for remainder of the week. The days of self-employment seem long ago, and also a time of ease and plenty! How things change. If the time flies by much faster I shall be looking for the time travel machine I MUST have stepped into by mistake.

Speak soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what?? no news of the mole under the patio?

Cathryn said...

the wretched mole.... has made its way under the front lawn, which is absolutely covered in molehills. Guess he fancies a change of scene. Pretty sure he will be back under the patio shortly. My Dad quite sure I need to use a horrible scissor trap, I just can't face it.