Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 January 2012

scary visitor to the bird feeders





I don't know if you can see it,but on the hedge is quite a substantial bird of prey. No idea what kind, it didn't tell us. The sound of all the small garden birds yelling and complaining brought us to the windows to see what was wrong. There, bold as brass, was the scary bird, guarding the feeders and waiting for breakfast to come out and play. It did flap off when I revealed myself around the corner of the house, attempting a better photo opportunity. Obviously, I failed. And luckily, the bird of prey also failed to secure his breakfast in our garden.

In addition, the dogs put another barn owl up this morning, and the poor bird was so shocked it almost landed on my head as I walked by is escape route. It swooped right over me, (I ducked), screaming its anger and distress at being disturbed from the hedgerow at 7am. The dogs thought it was great fun. They have no discretion.

Tomorrow we are collecting a young poodle dog so that he can make his home with us (and the girls). Fun and games for the next few weeks as we try to settle in a tiny, shivery young male dog with our girls. #sigh#. Why we decided on this course of action escapes me for the moment. It will be a laugh a minute I am sure......

No comments: