Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 January 2012

a tale of doors

The farmer and I travelled 40 miles to collect a pre-owned sofa and two large chairs which I had bought on eBay. The farmer skillfully backed the horse trailer down the drive of the house. The sofa was already on the drive and we had it in the back of the trailer in the wink of an eye. The seller looked a bit downcast, and admitted that she could not see how to get the two large chairs through the internal doors of the house onto the drive. The farmer was quite sure that he could do it. He and I tried every which way to get them through the several doorways to the outside. Front door and back door remained irritatingly out of reach. We pulled off the castors. Still couldn't squeeze them around the tight bends of the hallways. In desperation the Farmer looked around at the sitting room walls. "I don't suppose that's patio doors behind those floor length blinds is it?" he asked the seller. She looked puzzled. "Oh yes, I forgot, so it is...." We had those chairs through the doors and out of the house shortly thereafter. She was blonde.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love the last sentence!

BlackLOG said...

Welcome to my world of dealing with people....

Name, address and picture should have been supplied to shame the not so innocent....