Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 November 2012

6 days old and lookin' fine

Everyone now more or less recovered from the casearean trauma. The lady herself is taking normal walks and slipping off for a bit of light rabbitting. I think, therefore, that we can assume that she is feeling much more herself. She has plenty of milk, and the pups are, once again, growing before our eyes. I think that one of them is already spoken for, although the prospective owner doesn't know whether to choose the brown boy or a black girl. She's coming next weekend to decide. The remaining two will be £600 each, to lovely homes. Would I say no to a doubtful home? You bet I would.

Today I baked a cake which probably rates as the best I have ever lifted from the oven. Looked like a photograph and tastes amazing. Lime & poppyseed. Wierd, slightly crunchy texture and tastes like a dream. Its all very well me practicing my baking, but I then have to consume the outcome. Therein lies the problem. Pity.

Off to fetch in the hippo-like yellow horse for another spin around the country lanes. Frost lifting and it bodes fair to be a wonderful day.

Adieu. X

No comments: