Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 November 2012

sickly end to the week

Well, here's the almost finished piece. I am surprised by how much I have enjoyed both creating it, and also considering the multitude of interpretations it engenders. Keeping looking, keep thinking.

Farrier came on Monday for the yellow horse, who managed to hold onto all four of his shoes prior to the change, for a change. What happened on Tuesday and Wednesday? I have absolutely no idea... just a minute, let me think, no, I am sure, the weather was absolutely ghastly, and I stayed rooted to the kitchen table on Tuesday working on my skool essay, and professional practice notes. Wednesday found me in a junior School again, for my final Workshop. This week I took peacock and pheasant feathers with me for a sketching class, and also an entire pheasant wing ('Oooh Miss that's really horrible - can I hold it?') and a dead but complete and perfect dragonfly. The children worked beautifully, once again, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. I may go back in the New Year as a honoured guest!

Thursday found me at College, polishing the above piece, ordering wire to make more models of 'ladyparts' and in a tutorial assessing my 'Masturbation as a Performance' essay. I am living life on the wild side!

Friday, Friday. Early start at College on Fridays in a Professional Practice Tutorial, and I felt really ropey by the time I arrived. By the end of the session I was wobbly dizzy and the proud possessor of a heap of jaw hinge pain. Tottered off home, breaking the journey to rest and pull myself together. Still feeling under the weather. I don't much like not being at full strength!

Now for the plusses. A lovely lady who had one of last litter's pups came this morning and has spoken for the 'big girl' puppy, as a companion for her dog. They will look like peas in a pod. Lords know how she will get on with two hairy,, wild beasts in her tiny car!

Second girl has just been reserved by a lovely family in Richmond near London, and the chocolate boy has three families waiting, the first family considering photos as I type. Fudge, my lovely cocker, it might be your last litter, but you have made lots of families very happy indeed.

I have mucked out my studio shed, which seemed to be full of an accumulation of art materials that no-one (i.e. me) had put away all summer. All spic and span now, and the stove lit just for the hell of it. Evening beckons, my swimming head needs an early night (and possibly a brandy). Let's hope tomorrow brings a full recovery.

This week brought me a minor laptop catastrophe, and my Samsung laptop (19 months old, out of warranty) is now languishing, unloved, and back to factory settings so completely and utterly wiped. Lots of photos lost and corrupted, and rescued documents all over the place on assorted memory sticks and sd cards. Sometimes, I hate technology. What I need is a state of the art Mac. What I can have is the use of Hugh's little Dell. Oh well. Keep on dreaming! Just spoke to the Big Boy on the phone. He's alive. And he tells me his brother was with him last night, so can confirm, at least last night, that Baby Boy alive too. Good to know. I did ask when he would be home for Christmas. He's considering a night or two in London prior to Lincolnshire, and thinks he might go to Edinburgh for New Year. Oh, to be young, footloose and fancy free....

Mucho (in a sickly kind of way) X

2 comments:

Paul said...

I think your jaw ache comes from clenching it too tight when working on your 'thing'. Relax Lady, just relax.

Cathryn said...

I think you might be right actually. I woke twice in the night and noticed that I had my jaws clamped tight together. Hmmmm, maybe the slightest bit of tension....