Total Pageviews

Monday 16 September 2013

And so, it begins

Well, here are the first, trial sketches. Mixed papers, varying techniques, and A1 size...
my neighbour in the next studio at college can't even look at the drawings, and was so appalled by the photos that she could hardly talk. Only one or two students have been into my space to look, or discuss, the imagery, though it's early days yet.
 

 
The fourth sketch. I was particularly pleased with it, however my fellow students (the two who were courageous enough to look) disliked it more than the others. Hmmmm. I have now selected one of these images to draw 6ft tall. What a challenge! I need a set of steps...




Took an elderly, and moulting, mink stole apart at the weekend. To my immense surprise each of the 6 pelts had a mask/head complete with a pair of glass eyes and a black waxen nose, a pair of hind legs and its tail. So, I have brought all 6 little furry fellows into college, and am moderately sure that there will be an opportunity to use them in my installation towards Christmas. They look quite excited about it don't they! Currently they are just 'hanging around' watching the world go by through their hard little glassy eyes.
Here is the MONSTER roll of drawing paper now erected on the wall of my college studio ready for the first fandango drawing..... The size of the drawing surface scared me to bits.... gathering courage tonight to make a beginning tomorrow.
 
I other news. The Baby Boy's eyes are improving and stabilising. He leaves for the Royal Agricultural College to start his Masters in 2 weeks. He's excited. The Big Boy has not had time to come home for weeks, hoping, really hoping, that he is coming this weekend. He's as busy as a bee.
 
The farmer continues to struggle through his harvest. Beans will be a bit longer before they can be collected, apparently. Bad weather has currently stopped play, though ploughing continues.
Here's the baby boy wearing his 'sleep goggles' which protect his newly operated on eyes from being rubbed in the night. We thought he looked rather 'froggy'. Probably hoping for a kiss from a princess.


And here's the yellow boy after winning his class at a local show two weeks ago. We had a fun day out. I rode him to the show, took off his tack and left it on a bale of straw, went into the show ring and won, then tacked him up again to go home. I carried all our 'stuff' in a rucksack on my back, and also carried a shooting stick to sit on whilst at the show. I hope you are truly impressed! It would have been a damned sight easier to have taken the horsebox!
Surely there's been much more action 'down on the farm' but at the moment I can't think of any. Too, too tired to have fully operational memory! Never mind. I will try harder next time.

Mucho luvo duckies XX

No comments: