Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 September 2008

more tesco terror

Just watched local news (Look North) and another mum with her 15 yr old daughter turned away at till of Tesco. (Brigg branch). Friends keep phoning to say 'did you see the news, same as you!'

Had three days off from salt mines to gather strength for absence of other two full time staff for 3 weeks on holiday, they depart imminently. Doubtless I shall be dragging people in off the streets to help with the workload if things get really bad! Happens every year, and makes me crabby as a box of crabs every time. During the last two days I have washed, ironed, cleaned, tidied, cooked food, shopped, changed beds, vacuumed, in fact, everything I can think of to ease the next month. Am trying to convince menfolk that they would like to take over food duties for 4 weeks, but not well received.

Skipper still missing front shoes, Farrier stood us up again, although he appears to be in hospital so he does have a reasonable excuse. Hoping for next week? Skipper in fat, idle heaven doing so little work.

Whilst tidying my clothes, and throwing some out, I couldn't help noticing that the older ones all seem to have shrunk at exactly the same pace. Uncanny. What happens to clothes on their hangers? Is there some sort of shrinking dust in the air? Luckily, new purchases have more space in them so tightness not an issue. Its a sad truth that my shape seems to have morphed from the equivalent of a stiletto heel into a rather comfy old shoe. At the same time hair colour has altered from mousey blonde to 'white blonde'! When I look around I see that almost all women over the age of 30 dye their hair! Why do they do that? I can't decide whether I should continue the graceful descent into full whiteness, or fight and dye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's supposed to be fashionable to let your hair go gray or white. I've decided I won't be dyeing my hair, I don't have the time, money or patience to worry about roots showing. I've told my friends I'm going to get blue rinsed like old ladies should. ;-)

Do try to take time to let us know how the madness progresses!

Cathryn said...

If I'm having a coloured rinse its going to be pink, or purple...