Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 September 2008

woodpecker ahoy


Yesterday morning we saw this young bird, who had mistaken the telegraph pole for a tree. He gave the top a very good pecking, and then flew off to nearby trees. It was, I assure you, very exciting at the time! Don't see too many woodpeckers, though can hear them quite clearly. Electrical problems at the salt mines, solved by Sparky thank goodness, and beautiful weather disappeared as usual. Yella horse stopped limping without treatment, he's a puzzle, see when it happens again.

3 comments:

snowroses said...

Is the pole wooden? Then the woodpecker wasn't making any mistakes! :)

Anonymous said...

I get excited when I see a woodpecker here too, one comes once in a while and pecks at my lilac tree, which I frown on, but he doesn't make a habit of it.

Anonymous said...

p.s. glad Skipper's feeling better!