Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 October 2008

yella horse's private parts!

Farrier found something unsavoury in horse's sheath on Thursday, quite by chance. As a result am trying to 'catch' horse's 'undercarriage' when he lets it down to pee, to apply some sheath cleaner/oil to it. Hmmm. Makes my menfolk squirm, and I'm not too excited about it either. Apparently you can put your hand right into the 'cave' where it retracts, cop a hold, and drag it down....so don't fancy that. This morning he half let it down, whilst peeing, and I casually caught hold of the end, and applied a bit of freezing cold KY jelly to it. Hoping to make a better attempt when next have the opportunity. All too, too grim! Otherwise, had saddle on and out on the road by 7.30am, this despite a night with no sleep. Eldest boy brought some friends home after an 18th party, and they were flapping about until 3.30am. Burning toast at 3.15am set off smoke alarm, and girl being discreetly sick shortly thereafter brought down irate mother and 'enough is enough' speech. They were repentant. This morning it emerged that from the 10 bottles of wine in the fridge my son chose the only really good bottle of champagne as an after party tipple, and so these 5 teenagers quaffed a £40 bottle of bubbly at 2am. Oh no! Hard to be cross when I like the kids so much, and they had not idea. They thought that as it was the plainest bottle and label, it must be the cheapest plonk. It was right beside a £4.00 bottle of Spains finest gut cleaner, which, owing to its very flashy labelling was passed over! There must be a moral to this tale, but I'm too tired to think of it. Just trying to keep my eyes open at salt mines until 2pm, then its nap time - hip hip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The things a woman has to do!!

It might be time to teach the kids that you can't judge a book by its cover, or in this case, a bottle of wine by the label. Perhaps a trip to Tesco to give a lecture on wine and prices is in order? Just don't bring any to the checkout... ;-)

Cathryn said...

My dear Janet, I thought the same today, a little town polish probably needed before they go to Uni - I have babied them, and some sophistication is obviously needed. I'm onto it! How's spot?

Nick B. said...

Thanks for the nudge. I think I've caught up :^)