Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 February 2009

18th with glands


My two lovely boys on Saturday night at the 18th party, and below a group of young farmers enjoying a pint at the party! It all went very well indeed, no youth disgraced themselves, and no old people did so either...well not much anyway. Youngest son looks likely to have glandular fever results come today from blood test and I regret to say that the eldest son looks likely to be going down with the same, or something like. About 15 young people slept all over the house on Saturday after the party and consumed bacon butties on Sunday morning. It was a lovely, lovely occasion and I'm so glad we made the effort.


2 comments:

Nick B. said...

I remember 18 vaguely. I thought all traces of it had been erased until I found myself tagged in some old photos on Farcebook the other day. Everyone sitting round at my mate Trev's drinking cans of pale ale and I'm wearing a shirt that looks as if I'm about to head off for a line dancing session...

Cathryn said...

Pale Ale...that's a memory. How's the new babe, before you've blinked both those tiny girls will be queueing up for 18th parties and generous Grandfather gifts. The shirts, by the way, have staged a bit of a comeback among the young, too tight for my liking, or maybe I'm just old? Many of the photos from Saturday show teenaged boys flashing their flat bellies, and nipples (why, why?), and young women exposing their cleavages/bras (OMG it makes me feel ancient)