Total Pageviews

Friday 13 February 2009

Skiers depart without my boy

So, skiers departed safely from school this morning without my little boy...he seems relieved more than anything. A bit more spring in his step today, and I think he has turned a recovery corner. Blood results today show a little improvement, and GP suggests re=rest in 2 weeks. Other boy's throat very sore, so I think this house is a hot-bed of bugs just now. Hoping that we get our own tiny holiday in Bath next week, fingers crossed if no other problems arise. Sis just told me I am booked on a food hygiene course on 23rd Feb, then taking big boy to Nottingham Uni on the 25th. I'll tell you what, its non-stop! Farrier came today, but because I can't ride during all the ice and snow has only put a new pair of shoes on Yella horse's front feet, back feet are NAKED! This is a small economy, and gives the hooves a chance to grow down a bit with no nail holes, sort of a rest for the feet. Skipper tip-toeing along in shock without iron foot protection. He'll toughen up! Don't know how my two boys will manage without a cook, cleaner, nagger and general skivvy next week, and not looking forward to seeing the results on return, but will try to photograph so you can share the pain. As they have to muck out the horse, feed him, feed and walk the dog, feed the cats, feed the goldfish, answer the phone etc etc they will be giving something back even if they don't vacuum the floor...so I am grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good week away, and don't worry about what might be waiting for you upon your return-they may just surprise you!