Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 February 2011

road kill art?


Whilst we were in Scotland, touring and looking at the scenery the Farmer turned his attention from the road to me briefly and said 'Just seen a painting in the road, shall I stop?' I thought he meant that he had seen a painting (piece of road art) actually daubed on the road perhaps as some kind of project. I wasn't that bothered about doing a Uturn to have a look, and said so. However, by this time he had pulled to the side, and achieved a commendable three point turn, and we headed back the way we had come. There in the road was a very large oil canvas! All alone, with no place to go, and no owner anywhere in sight, just laying there, minding its own business, across the white lines. As we were in the middle of a small forest it seemed unlikely that someone had hurled it from a window, and we could only think it had fallen from a trailer, or roofrack. Whilst we considered what we should rightly do another vehicle only just missed it, so I scampered from our car, and scooped it into our boot. Perhaps not to my taste, but it will always be a reminder of our little holiday, and our big boy's Fish School year.

No comments: