Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 February 2011

sis in law's 60th birthday party















What an absolutely stormin' 60th for sis in law Maggie! At home in her very roomy barn of a house about 100 people wearing 'Glamour through the Ages' turned out in really awful weather to help her celebrate reaching retirement age!. Wellies, sandals, spats and bare feet all featured in the footwear department, and the outfits were just as varied. The vibe was chillin'! The birthday girl(?) sang as one fifth of the BOOBETTES in her conservatory, and the cheers could have been heard 5 miles away! A great party by anyone's standards. Happy birthday.

Reviewing the photos I'm beginning to wonder if you can tell that one member of the family is a dentist? The kids teeth are beautiful aren't they? Well done Helen. A gift to last a lifetime! Would have liked to grab a photo of the farmer and his three surviving sisters, but the rooms were SOOOOOOO crowded, and the tempeature so roasting that I couldn't manage it. Waiting for a cooler opportunity!

3 comments:

BlackLOG said...

I'm impressed with Hugh's jacket very him....

Anonymous said...

I love the photos of peoples' feet, footwear or lack of it! I'm not a shoe connoisseur, I find it refreshing since so many photos are of peoples' clothes. Looks like it was a rockin' party! Wish I could get invited to one like that.

Cathryn said...

Janet, I wish I could throw a party like that!