Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 April 2011

buying and selling

Been sooooo busy, sadly haven't taken any half decent photos. The days are just motoring by, and I can't seem to keep up. The big boy has gone back over the border for his final 4 weeks of hard work and exams before he packs up his remaining goods and chattels, to spend about 5 days in Lincolnshire prior to flying off to New Zealand for the summer. It has come around so quickly, and I still feel very peculiar about him being all the way around the other side of the world. Youngest hanging at home until 9th May, then in a fabulous denial of any value for money at all, he returns to Uni for 2 weeks (you got that right, 2 weeks) of lectures, then its 'study independently' until the end of term. What a freaking waste of money. We have to pay for an entire term's accommodation and food, and he's not even expected into University. So, he's coming back home after the two weeks, to find a summer job, gainful employment being a better prospect than titting around campus, library, and the Union bar for 6 weeks. I DO hope that Second year is better value. It has always been the Farmer's opinion that Open University is a better deal than campus University, and the saved money invested in world-wide travel and culture vulturing. I think he may be right.

Its been absolutely wonderful having both sons home for Easter including all their friends occupying all the beds every weekend. I shall miss the hurly burly when the youngest pushes off to Leicester again.

I have my new website up and running at www.clearance-service.co.uk. I don't know if I will have any interest, but thanks to Malcolm's efforts I am having a go! The farmer is buying me a small lorry - just looking for one now. I have also accepted a price for the conversion of The Egg Shed into an Art Studio/Gallery, just waiting for the builder (and his Dad) to begin. The joiner was at school with the Big Boy (which makes him seem VERY young)and his Dad is doing the small amount of bricklaying that's necessary. I am so excited I could practically BURST!!! Wondering if I need another website to advertise art works - including those of other Artists? Thinking about it anyway. Obviously I will need more and more wallspace for gallery evenings.... the possibilities are endless.

In addition to all this I have reserved a place at art college for the Autumn. If I'm too busy to go I will postpone, see what September brings!

Brown dog beginning to look really 'full' around the middle. The Toy Poodle seems to have done his job, and a litter of Cockerdoodles (Cockerpoos) is expected in three weeks time. The black dog just looks virginal. Drat her! One more chance for her and a paramour in the Autumn then she will be speyed. Some girls just won't!

The Royal wedding day brought us three social engagements. An 18th Birthday luncheon, a Royal Wedding tea party, and a dinner engagement with friends. The farmer and I ate so much cake, gateaux, chantilly cream, birthday cake, trifle and chocolate biscuit cake (Queen's recipe apparently) that today we are unable to move around, and our skins are splitting..... The calorie count must be terrifying. Am walking the dogs and walking the dogs to try and move my bones but its tricky to motivate all that cake-fat! Oddly, today, the farmer and I didn't much fancy any puddings. Can't think why.

Youngest has been to Nottingham for a fairly serious rowing competition (not sure if that's the right word in rowing circles) and I await his return home in an hour to hear how it went. As he declined to describe his race on the telephone I feel pretty sure its not good news. Its the taking part that counts, after all!

Yellow horse has almost moulted out his pale winter coat, and the rich golden palomino colour is coming through again. Hoping to get him to the Riding Club show this month, if he stays sound, and his shoes stay on (two fairly unpredictable outcomes to aim for). He has been extremely good out hacking recently, and have asked the farmer to find me a little bit of off road space for some schooling again, when he has time. The sun is out and the wheat keeps growing. Wondering if its too much to ask for.... a drop or two of rain please?.....

3 comments:

Nick B. said...

That sounds like an interesting venture into recycling. Can I send you my wanted list?

And how is your local wind turbine development coming along? Will it be exporting power to the grid I wonder?

Cathryn said...

I read the link in your comment - OMG its almost unbelievable isn't it. The local development still exciting very mixed responses, only the wind speed measuring device is in situ as yet. Its a long process prior to the turbines being delivered, a friend went through the procedure several years ago and is only now recovering from becoming the most hated man in the village for a short time. And I'd love to see your WANTED list!!! What can posibly be on it??

Anonymous said...

I'd happily give you the rain we've been getting here!

It sounds very odd that two weeks costs the same as a term. Hope it's worth it!