Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 August 2012

disappointment and delight!

The Collection and The Usher Gallery in Lincoln both proved to be 'between exhibitions' when I explored them this morning. How disappointing. So, I hiked up Steep Hill to a couple of smaller galleries, and found, to my delight, these clever and thought provoking sculptures. The little ladies were made of plaster over straw and were full of character and individuality. An absolute delight to look at, I loved them. I seem to have had a 'human form' fetish going on, as evidenced by my other photos. The day was not lost thanks to the smaller displays, and I shall be going back to Lincoln for the "Persistence of Collage" Arts Council Exhibition shortly.

I have had notification of the travel plans of another doll - she's on her way..... can't wait to meet her. Thank you to the kind and generous provider. Many thanks indeed.

No comments: