Total Pageviews

Monday 6 August 2012

ye gods and little fishes

My much loved and long owned veil-tail goldfish, who has graced my Biube with his fragile beauty for several years, gave up swimming some time ago in favour of floating, upside down, at the top of the water instead. He swam to feed, and say hello, then returned to his upside down resting. The big boy finally cracked and insisted on fishing the veil-tail out of the tank, to find that the critter had an enormous tumour on the top of his head, which I hadn't even noticed. Explaining, of course, his decline in swimming activity. The fish has now been helped on its way to a better place, for which I thank the big boy, and a vacancy exists dans la tank. The son is emphatic that he be with me when the new fish is purchased 'so that you don't buy another complete loser, mother'.  So I've been told then.

Baby boy and the lovely Daisy currently in Louth, trying to enjoy a picnic and walk at Hubbards Hills between rain torrents (I mean showers). It would seem that they have missed the best bit of the day (pre-noon) and will have to buy snorkels to explore Louth's environs. *sigh*. British summer at its best.  The poodle was shaved today, and now looks like a leggy, black spider. The Olympics are proving to be magnetic viewing and much support for Team GB has emerged in this household.

And, most excitingly, someone has offered to purchase, at a very reasonable price, two of my large canvasses. I haven't seen any money yet, but I am hopeful.  Whooooohooooooo!!  The Farmer and the Baby boy enjoyed their Olympic expedition yesterday, though were disappointed that their fencing tickets did not entitle them to explore the Olympic site. London travel remains excitingly 'other-worldly' to us country-mice.

Time for a cup of tea methinks, as I enjoy a couple of hours 'home alone'. Peace and tranquility reign briefly, prior to the next 'young persons' onslaught, at approximately 4pm.

Tomorrow will see carpet fitters trudging up and down stairs with the first two of three new carpets. I can hardly wait to return all the furniture to its rightful rooms, and indeed, spend a night in my own bed.

Thanks for sharing!

No comments: