Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 April 2013

Madeira, Microsoft & marvellous mates

Madeira - a smallish rock in a very large, blue ocean. Living here seems to be akin to a mountain goat's existence.
 

The views are spectacular, the roads heart-stopping, the sky is bright blue and the temperature an extremely pleasant 20 degrees during our visit
The hotel had quite a glamorous infinity pool in the gardens, which was enjoyed every single morning by this seagull. He took his morning bath, then meandered down the garden paths looking for crumbs.

Ooooh, look at me, holding in my belly....
 More blue sea and sky. Hardly any beach, just a perpendicular drop straight into the ocean.
The farmer, who was stopped and breathalysed by the local Policia. Luckily, though unsurprisingly, his score was a big, fat zero. Even the policewoman was a bit surprised.
 

 

We had a lovely short break in Madeira, the weather was kind and so early in the season we were welcome everywhere. The dogs missed us, not so the sons, who very kindly stayed home and cared for the farm and the critters. The baby boy suffered an IT disaster in our absence, and lost more than half of his dissertation into the unfathomable depths of Windows. Despite the generous help of two IT whizzes the document stayed stubbornly lost, and the student has now resigned himself to re-writing, and also SAVING the work elsewhere as a backup. Let this be a lesson to us all, again. Back up your stuff. Print it off. Keep it safe. It has been a truly horrible experience for all concerned, especially the almost-graduate.
 
The big boy bought more chickens whilst we were away, on a "whilst the cat's away the mouse will play" basis. #sigh#. More beaks to feed, and shit to sweep.... However, he also cooked a full Sunday lunch for himself, his brother and the Old Peeps! What a treat for the grandparents that was! Jolly well done I say. And if he wants to come home every Sunday and repeat the experience I shall be perfectly pleased to hand over the dubious honour of being head chef.
 
And my marvellous mates. Oh my goodness. Let me explain. Provided my art work is up to scratch, and I pass my second year of the Fine Art degree, I have begun to plan a set of work for my 3rd year which begins in September 2013. I have self addressed 40 envelopes and put stamps on them. Into the envelopes I have placed a request for an anonymous photograph to be sent to me. Only for ladies. You might guess what photography subject only a lady can provide might be. Oh yes, you've got it. I provide specific instructions for the view wanted, and I guarantee anonymity through the provision of the envelopes. I have begun to hand out the envelopes, and today I received the first one back. I opened it in the presence of a very supportive University Tutor. The perfect contents/image contained inside the envelope made me quite emotional. I have no idea who sent me the photo, of course, so cannot thank her (and it is most definitely a her) but goodness, I am grateful. Even just one or two more photos will be enough for me to work with next year.
 
I want to draw the images contained therein to the very best of my ability. Large (maybe 6ft tall) and beautifully rendered, it is my aim to get "lady-parts" into the light, and central to discussion! I see the work as extremely feminist, empowering to women and a declaration of pride and ownership. My dissertation, probably, will also have the vagina as its heart. Its going to be a busy (and radical) year.
 
Life seems very full of ups, and rather more difficult downs, and the house is full of dust and cobwebs. Nothing new there then. Now popping out to have a look at four tiny puppies just born today, James the SUPER-STUD having once more done his duty.....
 
 
Mwhaaa X
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: