Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 April 2013

madiera medley

The farmer and I are off! On our blocks, bags packed and Madeira bound tomorrow afternoon. The farm is sooooo busy with young people I shall be delighted to shake its dust from my feet and ascend the aircraft steps. I believe there will be approximately 8 of them sleeping here tonight, and eating breakfast tomorrow........ I shall hardly have them out of the door before feeding the old people. The moment we put down our Sunday lunchtime cutlery we are off. They can do their own washing up!

The baby boy has the beautiful D staying here with him, and the big boy is also home. I took D and the yellow horse to Hallington Cross Country course today. The poor yellow horse was quaking when he climbed out of his horse trailer and saw the 50 or 60 jumps across the countryside in front of him. She skilfully negotiated a handful of low hazards, and enjoyed a scenic gallop over the hills. Lovely weather made it a well spent afternoon.

I have now had time to throw some clothes into a bag, locate the passports and I await departure time. Dogs, cats et al will be at the tender mercy of the sons. Good luck with that!

Speak soon - X

No comments: