Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 October 2009

salt mines closing today...

At last, end of season has arrived. Salt mines closing at 2pm. Still have guests in brick buildings (cottages, apartments etc) but all caravan dwellers making their merry way back to their winter homes in distant counties.

Youngest has passed his driving test (I am shuddering with fear even as I type) and obviously knows everything. Eldest seems to have forgotten how to use a telephone so can only assume University is going just fine.

Small dogs are eating the spines off all my books on the shelf they can reach, they will have reference libraries of knowledge within them if they carry on at this rate. A shed is being prepared for them outside, until we get through this toothsome, nibbly stage.

Skipper the Wonderhorse standing idle in field and chillin' as I seem to have been flat out with other stuff and haven't ridden him for 2 weeks! What a long holiday for him.... hoping next week will bring me a little spare time to devote to him. I have found time however to buy him a new field rug, pink spots on a cappuchino brown background! Everyone else truly appalled at this girly outfit, but I think its marvellous. Photo to follows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, puppies seem to love books! Once Spot discovered rawhide, he lost interest in education.

Did you party when the salt mines closed?