Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 March 2012

whale grave





A whale was washed up on the beach causing a stir this weekend. Sadly, when we went to see the body it had already been buried. Us yokels are easily entertained! On the way almost ran over this very handsome toad. With a little more courage I would have kissed him to see if he transformed into a handsome Prince. Perhaps someone else will do it, turned out he wasn't my type. A bit warty. In a good way!

The woolly whippet has been a bit rascally today. Twice running out of the drive entrance, across the road, over the footbridge, and standing in front of the house of some new neighbours. They have just moved in. From France. Haven't even spoken to them yet, in French or English, and my dog is worshipping their property for some reason. Have a feeling their cottage is filled with lovely little french dogs just waiting for a bit of woolly whippet charm. The little man comes right back when called, but will be squashed in the road if he carries on running across it. Will have to introduce myself to the Frenchies to cover for the poor behaviour of the tiny english trouble-causer.

I have my big boy home for a surprise weekend. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the new French neighbors are luring your little man with delicious smells, then they'll snatch him and turn him into some weird kind of French cuisine?

Pay no attention to me, I'm weird. ;-)

Cathryn said...

OMG! What a thought. I'll be keeping my eye on them!

skipper said...

Nice blog! Although I do not understand if you are a skipper or not? There are not any boats and yachts?

Nick B. said...

It seems the whale washups are quite common, they had one in Hunstanton back on Christmas Eve.