Total Pageviews

Friday 24 May 2013

Call to WOMEN OF COURAGE AND VALOUR..............

Well, here is the appeal for help and assistance once again
And, here is the sketched impression of the finished product.
 
If you have the courage to do this, print it, and send it to me at Church Farm. ANONYMOUSLY.
 
In September, at Art College, I want to draw this imagery with as much skill and delicate beauty as I can muster, large drawings, probably in coloured pastels, and also charcoal and chalk, maybe as much as 6ft tall. The drawings are going to suck you in, make you stare and wonder.... is it that? Is it really that? Can it be so beautiful? Can they be so different?
 
However, without my own file of imagery I shall have to steal images from the internet, which I really, really, do not want to do. Obviously the finished drawings will be unrecognisable even from original photography, so I am not concerned that I might be contacted about copyright, I just have a wish that my model imagery is mine alone, and donated by anonymous  volunteers WHO MUST BE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE.
 
I have two wonderful, glorious and courageously submitted images already, and, of course, I can add my own, making three - but I wanted five, or six (or even more).
 
Do you know anyone who might be brave enough? Is this appeal for a photograph something you could talk about to other women? Ask yourself this: why are we so uncomfortable thinking about our vulval area? Why do we squirm with embarrassment and revulsion? Why don't we look at it? And, more to the point, why do we not celebrate it and all it represents?
 
I want my final year at art college to ask these questions, and more, representatively, through my work. And, once again, you can help.....
 
I know its a big ask. I know. XXXXX
 
Here's hoping.

No comments: