Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 May 2013

mmmmmoles and my art......

So, I know that summer is here, because every time I step onto the lawn another mole-hill has risen through the greensward. I try not to worry about them, I like moles, I think they do a great job etc, etc. However, there are acres and acres of weed strewn land around this tiny garden - and it does annoy me a teeny bit that Mr Mole chooses the trimmed and mowed lawn rather than the wasted land around it. I have tried mole-scarers, oil, mole pellets and moth-balls. I shall continue to calmly rise above it all, even as Mr Mole tries my patience!
 

My prolific and multiplying amaryllis has begun her cycle of flowering again. Two spikes at maturity just now. Expecting more flower spikes later in May. In the summer she will need splitting out and her enormous babies potting on (again). Any volunteers for new homes for her offspring are more than welcome to collect a potted up bulb. Please let me know. Last year's babies are all flowering now, and I hope they prove to be as indestructible and generous with their flowerings as the mothership bulb. I think I have had the original bulb for about 20 years. She goes on and on. She lives in a 40 cm pot in the utility room, in full sun, and once every few years I change her soil. She is generous with her rewards. I confess that I do have a chat with her most mornings. Is this what keeps her going strong?

And so. This is one of my three final Art College pieces. Yes, it is what you think it is. Carefully mounted and framed, I shall be delivering it to college, and hanging it for marking tomorrow. The other two pieces are the 'clock' (photo to follow) and the huge fabric sculpture representing female genital mutilation.  I shall take a bunch of photos of my studio space tomorrow when its all hung/displayed together. Everything else I have produced and made is shoved into a giant plastic folder and called Developmental Studies (30% of the marks). My Art Shed is absolutely overflowing with 'developmental studies' and I think that this time next year will see a gigantic art bonfire in the yard. If there's anything you might like to have in your home bespeak it during the next 12 months or it will be ash.
 
James had a surprise lady visitor last night, whom he was delighted to see, of course. As a result of his success he is paying for the Farmer and me to go out for dinner on Friday. James' treat! What a good dog. Fingers crossed for a happy outcome in 8 weeks time.
 
The yellow horse has had a couple of strolls out with me aboard this week. We were accompanied on our last outing by the Farmer and his bike, and all three of the hounds. It was an interesting attempt at a dog walking exercise. The spaniels thought it was heaven as they got to explore miles of dykes and other people's hedgerows, the poodle thought it would have been easier to sit in the saddle with me. We managed about 4 miles with a modicum of harmony, however, think it was all a bit too stressful to be repeated.

No comments: