Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 May 2013

jumping and horse whispering

A busy weekend. After the amazing success of the pop-up restaurant outing on Friday, we took the lovely D and young H, with Skipper and Bobbi, to Field Farm Cross Country course. They had an interesting time, the weather was blustery and Skipper revealed a morbid fear of jumping over holes in the ground/dykes. We shall overcome this by placing his breakfast on the other side of a 'coffin' jump every day at home, and have constructed the hazard already. He will be jumping for his breakfast. Both equines jumped very successful clear rounds over a show jumping course (which was a bit of a revelation to Skipper in itself) and we wended our tired and sweaty way home in the late afternoon. In our absence the baby boy purchased a new mattress and made his bed...... now that was a surprise!

The water complex
Bobbi, who today jumped ONE METRE 15 cm!!!!!
D. and Skipster (just getting the hang of it)
It was a long day for an unfit young man......
 
Today, having constructed the coffin jump, D. and I made our way into Skipper's paddock. He was laying down and watched us approach through sleepy eyes. I hung back. D. had a remarkable interaction with Skipper which I was delighted to witness (and photograph).
 
 
 

 
I feel a bit like a divorced wife. I watched these two canoodling for about 30 minutes. I think there must be something going on................ I shall keep my eye on my boy and hide the suitcases!
 
I'm afraid all this excitement caught up with yours truly today, and I have had a loooonnnngggg nap this afternoon. Joy.
 
Sleepily yours. X
 
 

No comments: