Total Pageviews

Monday 20 May 2013

More neighbour nasties

I have a tiny cottage in Louth, which has been let for 4 months to a very nice young man. Sadly, the next door neighbours seem to be determined to dislike him, and do him harm. There has been a cycle of increasingly exaggerated texts to me, from the neighbours, telling outright fibs, which peaked yesterday in a flurry of hysterical messages advising me what an awful landlady I am, what a waste of space I am, and how they were going to the Police today. Well. I got to the Police Station first this morning, armed with a transcript of all these wretchedly emotional texts, and I was swiftly followed by my tenant, who was actually assaulted yesterday morning by the husband of this pair of horrors.

They will now receive some sort of official action from the Police, and I shall be off to my Solicitor to commission a 'do not contact by any method' letter shortly. I need this letter to be on the newly created incident file at the Station. Then, when they contact me again, the very nice Policeman should go round and give her a warning for me too.

I do hope that she now settles down, and doesn't try to escalate her behaviour to even greater heights of aggressiveness. Life's too short.

We attended Dore Gentlemen's Club Annual Ladies Dinner at the weekend. We didn't get to bed until after 3am (oooohhhhhh, late for us!!!!) and the remainder of the weekend is a complete blur owing to the shock of going without a night's sleep! Toooo old for all that!!! Actually, I think there are a few photos on my camera, must have a look when I have a moment.

Baby boy has taken his first final exam. Waiting for him and the lovely D to arrive, from Leicester, for further revision and study in preparation for the next torture - whoops, I mean exam.

There don't just seem to be quite enough hours in the day at the moment, and I have a list of stuff to do that is very long, and varied. Hoping that later in the week the clock will slow its speedy and inexorable circling of the dial, and I shall have time to draw breath and get organised.

And, as an added irritant, I have a blasted stone chip on the car front screen. Drat and double drat. Must find time to get that repaired/glued/patched? I have no idea, but it needs doing. Putting it on the list...........

kiss, kiss XX

No comments: