Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 August 2008

firework nightmare

Oh what a disaster. At 9pm last night I was sitting with friends at my kitchen table when we heard an enormous bang. It was quickly followed by a salvo of deafening bangs. I ran outside to see the yella horse galloping round and round his field in the dark, in a frenzy of fear. I couldn't catch him. I ran to the house opposite (the location of the banging) and shouted to a departing family - have the fireworks finished? She assured me they had. Again I asked - are you sure? She was sure. I ran back home. Horse still in fear frenzy. Banging began again. Fireworks lit up the sky. Small black dog also in fear frenzy, but too tiny to make much trouble. Finally caught horse at 10.15pm. Sweat running from him by the bucketload. Ran back to neighbours house. They couldn't give a damn. Said they had permission to let off fireworks up until 11pm. Said they didn't need to tell me. Absolutely couldn't give a shit. Ran back home. Horse circling and banging about in his barn. Still running with sweat. Finally began to calm about 10.40pm. This morning he is dead lame. Calm and quiet (sleepless night probably), but unbelievably lame. In dark we could only see him galloping too and fro, during fireworks, he might have slipped, fallen, anything. Vet coming today or Monday. Poor Skipper. Vile neighbours. I won't forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bastards. I hope karma comes around and gets them good.