Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 August 2008

invisible farrier

to put the cap on a less than brilliant 24 hours the farrier (£60 for 40 minutes work) failed to turn up today. Waited 2 hours this evening, but no show, no call - this I believe is part of farriery training and an established part of farrier etiquette. Ho hum. Skipper still shoeless and my temper hovering around red again. At this rate I'll be booking onto anger management course! Shopped alone in Morrisons tonight, surprise, surprise, no problems regarding alcohol purchases, I must look more than 21, how can that be?

3 comments:

Nick B. said...

When I was in Morrisons this morning I spotted a badge on the cashier saying if you look under 25 they will ID you. No problems with my trolley full of beer though despite my youthful appearance *cough cough*

Cathryn said...

same happened to me - if the cashier had put her specs on she would have seen I look 18 (ish)(in the dark)(to anyone with a guide dog...) thankx for using Morrisons, I told all Morrisons staff tonight about the tesco stuff, they thought it was hilarious. How's the heart?

Anonymous said...

Farriers are no different from any other service person who says they'll be there at a certain time and either never show up or never call to say they''ll never show up, leaving you unable to go anywhere or do anything. But if you give up and leave, when you get home there'll be a note on your door. I think they hide around a corner and wait till you leave.

Meanwhile I bet Skipper doesn't mind going barefoot a while longer!