Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 July 2008

kindness of strangers

At builder's merchant counter, being advised that its impossible to buy old-fashioned hemp rope any more (for party tug of war) when local builder interrupted to say he had one in his garage if I would like it. I duly went to his home, and he dragged out the perfect tug of war rope. Upon enquiry of the price he said he had no wish to sell it, he very fond of rope, but very happy to lend it to me for party! Never met the man before!! I took rope, and promised bottle of wine to rope owner, to return after the party, hopefully no worse for its experience. Just overwhelmed by the kindness of his act, and timely reminder that despite media assurances to the contrary, people on whole not such a bad lot after all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was nice! I can't believe you can't find hemp rope anymore. I'll look next time I go to Lowe's.