Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 July 2008

whiskery question

How hot! Marvellous. Just thinking about the horse ear thing, and moved on to horse whisker question. When Skipper came to me he was, as is customary in this country for show horses, completely clean shaven. Now, I don't believe in cutting whiskers, be they horse, cat or dog, so Skipper now sporting full set of whiskers, eyelashes, eyebrows etc. Someone told me its illegal in Germany to shave horse muzzles. Hoping Skipper enjoying the 'hairy chin' look, helping him not bump his nose on feed bucket, stable wall, fencing etc. Thinking it should be outlawed here too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that, that horses were shaved. I guess that's so they're more attractive?

Cathryn said...

I have no idea why anyone would do it, its cruel, but top show horses in the uk often are. Might be like docking dogs tails, or cutting cockerel combs.