Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 July 2008

rare sighting male hughjockeybird (summer plumage)


Day off work to recover, wasted half in bed 'til 10am. Unheard of. Batteries recharged so well took yella horse for half mile canter/gallop down local track. Wonderful. Shook out some cobwebs. At party last night youngest brother of 18th birthday girl whacked on head with pinyata stick at midnight (accident) so massed outing to local hospital for stitches in ten year old forehead! What a day. Enclosing photo of very rare bird indeed, sighted only once or twice in the past twenty years. Its a Hughjockeybird, recognisable by its distinctive summer plumage. Its habits are shy and retiring, it has a well modulated and repetitive call, and will occasionally show itself in exchange for a hot meal, or even a cup of tea. (These are the clean, acceptable bribes). Back to salt mines tomorrow.

4 comments:

BlackLOG said...

Catherine you were asking a few weeks ago about how to get usage stats on to your page. If you click on my stat counter on the BlackLOG you get directed to Statcounter.com
where you can sign up for a free stat counter.



Niel

Cathryn said...

thats kind niel. I have reached this stage on my own, but having copied the code, I can't find the right place to 'put it in'! I can put it in the wrong places changing my blog in all sorts of ways, but I can't find the correct place. Its very disappointing. Today I can't even find the right html code location. Brain rubbish.

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a rest-you deserved it!

Does that hughjockeybird leave a mess on the car windshield?

BlackLOG said...

I'll give you a call and talk you through it....